What is a CO-OP?
Unlike traditional commercial enterprises, a Co-op is a business owned and controlled by the people who purchase its goods, use its services, and can then receive benefits proportional to participation. Being a member of a Co-op eliminates entrepreneur profit and provides equality in ownership and control.
Consumers Cooperative Association of Eau Claire (CCA) went into business in 1935 as the Eau Claire Farmer-Labor Cooperative Association, later changing its name in 1936. The CCA name is still used within the company today, but it is more commonly referred to as Mega! CO-OP. It is one of the largest Co-ops in the United States with more than 30,000 people like you as its members and over 30+ Mega! CO-OP Holiday and Travel Stop convenience stores throughout Western Wisconsin.
Mega! CO-OP has been a local, member-owned Co-op since 1935 and is based on values and a structure that benefits the community and its members. Our members are known as Mega! CO-OP Members. Your purchases as a member stay within the communities we serve, creating jobs and enhancing our community giving opportunities. When our Co-op is profitable, we share that profit with our Co-op members.
What is a Mega! CO-OP Member?
A Mega! CO-OP Member is an individual customer (or household) who has applied for a Co-op membership as a Purchasing Member of the Consumers Cooperative Association of Eau Claire (CCA), a.k.a. Mega! CO-OP.
These are shoppers that enjoy friendly and clean convenience stores with a large variety of quality products to choose from, who believe in our purpose and values, and can be rewarded for being a Co-op Member with more ways to SAVE at the pump or in our stores!
Mega! CO-OP has over 30,000+ Co-op Members and is still growing. We take pride in rewarding our loyal shoppers with benefits and privileges only available to our Co-op Members.
Members also have the opportunity to become voting members by becoming a Stockholder, who may vote on important issues and elect a Board of Directors to forward those interests and values.
What should become a Mega! CO-OP Member?
We welcome our customers to join if you can meet the minimum spending requirement each fiscal year, you reside in and around the communities we serve, or you reside outside our services areas and frequent our stores throughout the year.
Upon enrollment as a Co-op Member, you will receive a Mega! CO-OP Membership ID/Rewards card.
*Due to the structure of our Co-op, businesses may not apply for a Co-op Membership. However, a business may be eligible for discounts on fuel through our Fleet Program. Please call 715-839-5232 to find out more about our Fleet Savings!
What are the benefits of a Mega! CO-OP Membership?
Rewards For Our Members – More ways to SAVE at the pump, in our stores, and through our valued partnerships!
- Eligibility to participate in the Mega! CO-OP Rewards Program with your Co-op Membership ID/Rewards Card. Read more about the Mega! CO-OP Rewards Program.
- Member Cash Discount – Receive an additional 5¢/gallon fuel discount when paying with cash or check! This discount is in addition to any CPG Rewards earned in the Mega! CO-OP Rewards Program. (Not applicable on fuel purchases paid with credit, debit, scrip or gift cards)
- Post-secondary education scholarships awarded annually to eligible Mega! CO-OP members, team members, or their dependents. Applications and information available in December each year.
- Online Discount Partners – Many discounts for water parks, theme parks, merchandise, movies, hotels, car rentals, hotels, sporting events, concerts, tours, attractions, and much more across the U.S.! These online discounts are made possible through our partnerships with Noah’s Ark, Valleyfair, and TicketsatWork. A special Promo or Company Code provided by Member Services gets you access to these online offers! Click here to view these online discount offers.
- Metropolis Resort Discounts on select regularly priced offers at Chaos Waterpark, Action City Fun Center & Trampoline Park, and Birthday Party packages with the reusable Metropolis flyer and your Co-op Member card. Click here for information on these offers.
- Email communication to keep you apprised of CO-OP Rewards Program offers, newsletters, Member Days, events, and much more! Not signed up? Click here to opt-in to receive email communications.
What is the cost of a Mega! CO-OP Membership?
FREE! There is no cost to become a Purchasing Member. There is also an opportunity to become a Co-op Stockholder for $100, which includes voting rights when purchase requirements are met.
Are there any requirements of a Co-op Membership?
Whether a Co-op Purchasing Member or Stockholder, requirements include, but are not limited to, keeping your membership account information up to date, consenting to tax reporting of any member patronage distribution received, and agreeing to spend a minimum of $500 in qualifying goods or services per fiscal year from our Mega! CO-OP Holiday and Travel Stop convenience stores. That’s only $42 a month in gas and inside purchases each fiscal year.
Scan your membership card for ALL your purchases – big, small, or non-fuel – at any Mega! CO-OP store to record your purchases. Your recorded purchases accumulate towards meeting the $500 membership spending requirement per fiscal year to keep your membership status. The fiscal year begins on the last Sunday of September of each year and ends on the last Saturday of September of the following year.
Mega! CO-OP Stockholder Opportunity
Whether you are currently a Co-op Purchasing Member or are signing up for the first time, you may choose to become a Stockholder for $100. This is a non-dividend bearing stock and can only be sold back to the CCA, at the Board’s discretion, at par value.
A Stockholder becomes a Voting Member in “good standing” when the annual spending limit is met. Each Voting Member in good standing shall be entitled to take part in the election process of the Board of Directors, vote on Cooperative matters such as Article/Bylaw changes, and is invited to attend the Annual Stockholder meeting, typically held in March, to better understand what is happening within the Co-op. If a Voting Member is not in good standing for two consecutive fiscal years, the Cooperative may elect to repurchase the Voting Member’s share of stock, and they will return to Purchasing Member status.
Other opportunities for Stockholders include serving as a Nominating Committee member or running for a Board of Director position. As a Voting Member in good standing, you may be contacted to find out your interest in either of those positions.
Read more about becoming a Stockholder. If you are interested in becoming a CCA Stockholder, complete the Member Request for Stock Issuance form at the bottom of the Stockholder information sheet and mail it to the address noted in the “Where Do I Return My Completed Application” section.
How do I sign up to be a Mega! CO-OP Member?
Simple! Click Here to Apply Online. Or, if you prefer, complete an application at any of our 30+ Mega! CO-OP convenience stores. Choose one member of your household to be the Mega Co-op Member/Account Holder, and list any other household members you authorize to use your card.
Where do I return the completed application?
- Deliver to: A team member at any Mega! CO-OP convenience store
- Mail to: Mega! CO-OP Member Services, PO Box 3155, Eau Claire, WI 54702-3155
Mega! CO-OP reserves the right to add, remove, or amend rewards, benefits, discounts, and promotions associated with a Co-op membership, membership card, or the Mega! CO-OP Rewards Program at its discretion.
Please read the following terms and conditions thoroughly before using your Mega! CO-OP card or participating in the Mega! CO-OP Rewards Program.
Should you have any questions about Co-op Membership, Cards, Rewards, or these Terms and Conditions, you can contact us during business hours at:
Mega! CO-OP Member Services (715) 839-5272
Mega! CO-OP Store Support Center (715) 839-5210